Nancy Paglia Obituary

May 16, 2012

in News,Obituaries

SPRINGFIELD — A graveside service for Nancy Stella Paglia, 41 who passed away on May 12, 2012 at the Springfield Health and Rehabilitation Center will be held on Friday, May 18 at 2 pm in the Riverside Cemetery in Woodstock, Vermont.
Nancy was born on November 11, 1970 in Rutland, the daughter of James, Sr. and Evelyn (Payson) Paglia.
Nancy graduated from Woodstock Union High School in 1989 she worked for many years as a housekeeper at the Woodstock Inn where she was known for her work ethic and attention to detail. She was also employed for a number of years as a home health aid for the VNA service numerous clients in the Upper Valley.
In 2006 Nancy moved to Springfield and a few years later began a successful home cleaning business. Earning a reputation for diligence and responsiveness, she quickly built a full client list and eventually had to turn down work.
Nancy was an avid flower gardener, spending many hours in the summer months planting and tending her plots. Though she enjoyed all flowers, she had a special fondness for impatient, daphodils, and tulips.
Baking was another of Nancy’s passions. She especially enjoyed baking cakes and pies for family.
But it was Nancy’s love of animals that stood out most of all. Through the years she took in numerous animals including a parakeet, several guinea pigs, two cats (Marbles and Pumpkin Pie) and her beloved dog Maggie.
Nancy is survived by her mother Evelyn Paglia of Woodstock, VT, a brother James Paglia, Jr. and his wife Beverly of Newport, VT, and a boyfriend Jeffery Webster of Burlington, VT.
Nancy was predeceased by her father, uncles Richard A. Paglia and Charles Haynes, Sr., grandparents Dorothy (Hathorn) an Elio Paglia, Myrtle (Haynes) and Ralph Payson.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Cabot Funeral Home in Woodstock, VT. Condolences may be offered at cabotfh.com

This obituary first appeared in the May 17th, 2012 print edition of the Vermont Standard.

To leave condolences, thoughts or stories, please comment below.

To see more obituaries click here.

facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestmail

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Debbie July 18, 2012 at 7:25 am

Nancy became my penpal back in highschool. Over the years the letters became emails and texts. It was true, she never forgot a birthday! Nancy was one of the nicest and sweetest people I have known. We were lucky to meet about 4-5 years ago when she came to Lake Geneva, WI, for a wedding. It was evident how much she loved her family and pets. I’m so sorry for your lost.

Lisa Smith May 31, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Like many people I “met” Nancy through the Bob and Sheri Message board. She was there for me after my husband died very suddenly. she had a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone. She remembered everyone’s birthdays. I always loved seeing pictures of her flowers. Nancy was a kind soul. heaven has gained a new angel. RIP Angel, you will be missed!!

Cherri McIntyre May 31, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Nancy was such a sweetheart, I never met her in real life. But knew her for many years on the original Bob & Sheri message board. She always had something nice to say and I enjoyed receiving Birthday and Christmas cards from her every year. She will be missed, my condolences to her family and friends…..

Melanie Beaulieu May 31, 2012 at 10:58 am

Nancy was the kindest, sweetest woman I have ever known. In a world full of dark uncertain twists, Nancy’s gentle spirit shone brighter than any. Though, I too, have never met Nancy in person, her loss is immense and she will be terribly missed by so many. I hope you find peace and comfort, Nancy. Rest in peace, dear friend.

Linda Allen May 31, 2012 at 7:22 am

I only knew Nancy via an internet community. I can say she impacted everyone there with her sweet, genuine ways. She never forgot to wish anyone a happy birthday and gave everyone the benefit of the doubt. I’m glad I knew Nancy; there aren’t many true souls like her in this world. Rest in peace with no pain, sweet girl.

Mary Horst May 30, 2012 at 10:38 pm

What a beautiful obituary for a beautiful person. Nancy was truly an angel on Earth and now she is an angel in Heaven.

Cris Allen May 30, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Nancy was the sort of person who radiated genuine affection. People who never met her in person read her life description like they saw her every day of their life. That’s how real Nancy was everywhere she went, online and in real life.

Dawn McDonald May 30, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Nancy had the most beautiful soul. I am so very saddened to know that she lost the battle but so glad her suffering is over. Go plant some flowers in Heaven & know you made a difference in mu life. I only knew you as a fellow message board member but you made me want to be a better person. Rest in Peace … OB loves you, Nance!

Gayle Klink May 30, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Only knowing someone thru a message board doesn’t make the loss any less. Nance always remembered birthdays with a kind word. She obviously made an impression on not only those that lived near her and knew her “in person”, but also on those of us far away. Dear family, please take comfort in knowing that your daughter/sister/loved one was very well thought of and that we are all saddened by this news.

Kent Leonhardt May 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Heaven became a nicer place with Nancy’s arrival. Although I only knew her through a radio show message board she was one of the most thoughtful, kind and generous people ever. She’s a wonderful example of a life well lived and she will be terribly missed.

ann latham May 30, 2012 at 10:05 am

….Nancy was an “imgainary” friend. I never met her in person. I met Nancy on a message board, Bob and Sheri, a radio station in Charlotte, NC. She was the most gentle and kind spirtied person I have ever known. I hate this!!!! God rest her beautiful soul. peace,ann