Margaret Hamilton Obituary

July 18, 2012

in News,Obituaries,Woodstock

– A memorial service will be held at The Wellesley Hills Congregation Church in Wellesley, Mass on July 19 (today) for Margaret Perkins Hamilton who passed away peacefully on July 13, 2012 in Woodstock where she lived near her daughter.
Peg was born June 8, 1922 in Scranton, Penn growing up with her parents and three sisters, Harriet, Polly and Betty. After working in Washington, DC, she came to Wellesley, Mass to marry William J. Hamilton where she lived until 1982. She worked at several jobs over the years including working for the New England Chiefs of Police and in the Wellesley Junior High School and Senior High School.
Peg’s most important job was taking care of her three children and later her grandchildren. Her family was her life and her passion. Peg did that job with the greatest of patience, warmth, understanding and love. She was supportive, positive and always there for family and friends.
Peg leaves behind her oldest son, Bill Hamilton and his wife Kathy, her daughter, Ellen Hamilton and her husband Paul Charow, her youngest son, Jeff Hamilton and his wife Robin as well as her grandchildren, Brendon, Rachel, Shaun, Jacob, Casey, Kayla and Erin and her great granddaughter Alana.
Peg recently celebrated her 90th birthday with family and friends. It was a wonderful opportunity for all who loved her to see her, talk with her and share stories with her. It was a fond farewell. She will be greatly missed by all of us who loved her.
This obituary first appeared in the July 12, 2012 print edition of the Vermont Standard.

To leave condolences, thoughts or stories, please comment below.

To see more obituaries click here.


{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Ray Reed July 23, 2012 at 3:57 pm

To the family of Peg.

We were saddened to hear of Peg’s passing last week. She was part of
our very special current events group that I hosted every Monday morning at 10. She would quite often arrive in the living room where we did the program about 9:30 so we could talk before the “others” arrived. She was tuned in to the events of the day. Never complained about her ailments. Talked with great affection for her family. I told the rest of the group that I would write a few words to let you know how much we cared for her. There was an empty spot when I arrived at 9:30 this morning.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Ray Reed
Current Events leader
Woodstock Terrace

Leave a Comment

+ 5 = eleven

Previous post:

Next post: