The President Calvin Coolidge State Historic Site hosts the Plymouth Cheese and Harvest Festival on Saturday, Sept. 21, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Held annually since 1997, the day features wagon rides, traditional craft demonstrations, special presentations, seasonal culinary treats, and activities for the entire family.
A variety of events are scheduled throughout the day:
• Cheese sampling by members of the Vermont Cheese Council
• Cheese making, wine tasting and tours at the Plymouth Cheese Factory
• Barber shop quartet and old time fiddler Adam Boyce
• Children’s activities: period games, corn husk dolls, etc.
• Sheep shearing and wagon rides with Fred DePaul
• Vermont artisans — Fiber Arts in Vermont (showcasing their latest project: a reproduction of a Coolidge family wool blanket), Irene Ames (basket making), Marianne Fassett (quilling/paper curling), Carolyn Guest (fancy paper cutting and silhouettes), Ellen Denton (creating fall pressed leaf cards), Black River Academy Museum (chair caning), Stanley Brick (gold panning demos)
• 4-cylinder Plymouth automobiles (1928 -1932) on display 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
• And more!