Student groups at Woodstock Union High and Middle School are implementing the national program, Red Ribbon Week, to highlight the importance of good choices, with a focus on drugs and alcohol.
Individual days focus on exercise, kind acts, charity and nutrition in addition to Plant the Promise — where tulips will be planted in honor of individuals who sign a pledge in regard to substance use.
Parents, community members and students can take the pledge below by signing their names in our comments section:
1. As parents, we will talk to our children about the dangers of drug abuse.
2. We will set clear rules for our children about not using drugs.
3. We will set a good example for our children by not using illegal drugs or medicine without a prescription.
4. We will monitor our children’s behavior and enforce appropriate consequences, so that our rules will be respected.
5. We will encourage family and friends to follow the same guidelines to keep children safe from substance abuse.
Community Member Pledge
1. As adults , we recognize we are always modeling behavior for young people in our use of adult beverages.
2. As adults, we will set a good example for young people by not using illegal drugs or medicine without a prescription.
3. We will encourage family and friends to follow these guidelines to keep children safe from substance use.
1. I will not violate the laws set forth by the government about the legal drinking age.
2. I will not use illegal substances
3. I will do my best to make safe and healthy choices for myself and those around me.