The Woodstock Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce a fun, new event to cure our late winter doldrums. Maple Madness will be a celebration of all things maple: from sugarhouse tours to sugar-on-snow; a maple tastearound at Suicide Six to a maple leaf scavenger hunt; a maple muddy bike ride to an artistic sap bucket auction.
There will be tons of fun activities for everyone!
Here’s the schedule:
• Maple Open House weekend, March 22-23. Local sugar makers are: Sugarbush Farm, 591 Sugarbush Farm Rd., Woodstock, 457-1757, Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Top Acres Farm, 3615 Fletcher Hill Ext., S. Woodstock, Saturday only, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., 457-3615; and Elm Grove Farm, Cloudland Rd., Woodstock, Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. 457-3888.
• Scavenger Hunt: Find the maple leaf! Local businesses will be given a decorated maple leaf to hide somewhere in their store, office or reception area. Scavenger hunters will be given a card with the names of participating businesses listed, and will need to go from business to business to get their card stamped in each place. The person or team with the greatest number of stamps is entered to win a fantastic basket full of maple goodies!
• Sap Buckets: Local artists painted sap buckets to be displayed in businesses around town. Interested in buying one? Drop your bid in the bucket! Winning bids will be announced by email on Monday, March 24 (Drop your bid from now until March 23).
• Pancake Breakfast: Saturday, March 22 from 8-10 a.m. at the Woodstock Elementary School. All local products to benefit WES. The cost is $8. Artisan Trunk Show: Visit the Norman Williams Library, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday as local artists and crafters sell their wares.
• Sugar on Snow: On the Village Green, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, March 22. Watch a maple tree tapping demonstration, enjoy fresh Woodstock Roasted Coffee, sugar-on-snow, maple butter popcorn and raised donuts with maple cream. This event is free and open to the public.
• Maple Taste-a-Round and Live Auction: Join us at Suicide Six from 6-8:30 p.m. on Saturday the 22nd for a maplegala. Try a variety of foods from Melazza, Worthy Kitchen, River Stones, Bentleys, Ardmore Inn, Mountain Creamery, Woodstock Farmers Market, Pi, Pizza Chef, Rumuntos, The Woodstock Inn, Vermont Village Cannery, Sugarbush Farms, Vermont Spirits, Tree Tap, Al Wood, Ned MacSoud and more. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the Chamber Office or Woodstock Gallery or at the door. Guests will be mingling, listening to the sounds of Sabrina Brown and Bob Merrill, and strolling from table to table to taste what all of our great local restaurants have to offer. This is an opportunity to beat the mud season blues and strut your stuff. The Auction with Auctioneer Norm Frates Jr, will feature buckets painted by local and regional artists as well as several to benefit Zack’s Place.
• Muddy Maple Bike Ride: A bike ride on Sunday sponsored by Peter Vollers, visit vermontoverland.com/vomar/ for more information.